The Police Officer Rocco Laurie Intermediate School 72 Mission Statement
The Rocco Laurie School is dedicated to the education of our students in a nurturing environment. Our Academy structure is conducive to teaching, learning, and academic growth. These academies allow us flexibility to recognize and promote individual differences and potential. Our administrators, teachers, parents, and students are committed to any and all matters concerning the future of our school. Within our diverse community, we encourage student appreciation, awareness, and respect for our democratic traditions and the responsibilities associated with being a good citizen.
Things To Know...
- Peter Macellari, Principal
- Mary Curran, Assistant Principal of the Academy of Communication Arts
- Jill Passantino, Assistant Principal of Special Education and Testing
- Gregory Rocco, Assistant Principal of the Academy of American Studies and Government
- Danielle Movsesian, Assistant Principal of the Academy of Environmental Sciences
Congrats to JV Girls Boro Champions!!!
Stop & Shop A+ Rewards
- Use your registered Stop & Shop card each time you shop at Stop & Shop, and you will earn CASH for our school.
- At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards for our school. These CASH rewards are updated monthly on the Stop & Shop A+ website beginning in November.
- After the last day of the 2017 program, which is March 17, the same conversions are performed and the final school account total is posted.
- Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of our educational needs.
Click on the link below for instructions to register your card:
UAU AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
UNITED ACTIVITIES UNLIMITED
Download the application HERE: DYCD Common Enrollment OST
Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
There is LIMITED SEATING; only COMPLETED applications will be accepted for registration.
Please click this link to see correspondence from UAU regarding registration UAU September 2016.pdf
2016 NYS Math and ELA Scores are now available on your NYC Schools Account!
COLLEGE ACCESS FOR ALL
As part of the Chancellor's Initiative, I.S. 72, Port Richmond High School and Wagner College have entered into a partnership to help our students be prepared for the future. Look for more information in the coming school year!
8th Grade Information
As you may have noticed, parking around I.S. 72 can be something of a challenge.
However, at no time is it acceptable to park your vehicle on private property. This includes but is not limited to the church across the street on Saxon Avenue or the private residences around the school. Nor is it acceptable to park in the bus slots.
Also, please do not indulge in reckless practices such as backing up onto Ferndale Avenue from Saxon Avenue in order to drop a student off at the main entrance. If it is necessary to drop your student directly in front of the school, please come up Ferndale Avenue from Travis Avenue, as Ferndale is a one way street.
The safety of our students, staff, and the community is of the utmost importance!
Thank you for your cooperation!
Do you need a Helping Hand? Project Hospitality may be able to help you with:
- PUBLIC BENEFITS, HEALTH INSURANCE, LEGAL & IMMIGRATION HELP
- SUBSTANCE ABUSE HELP
- EMOTIONAL HEALTH
- HEALTH HOMES
- YOUTH DROP IN CENTER
click on the links below for more information:
New Americans Welcome Center
Congratulations to the I.S. 72 Wrestling Team!
Savannah Kwan- 1st Place (84 lb. division)
Justin Rodriguez- 1st Place (98 lb. division)
Amina Muratovic- 1st Place (112 lb. division)
Also congrats to Michael Adams, who attends I.S. 72 but wrestles for the Lions Club, on taking 1st place in the 70 lb. division.
We are so proud of all four of these young athletes!
The girls won third place team with only two wrestlers!
WAY TO GO!!!
NYS ELA ExamIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
Spring BreakIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
Passover beginsIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
EasterIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
Passover endsIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
PTA 7 pmIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
NYS Math ExamIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
Portfolio ConferencesIS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
NYS Science Performance Exam (8gr)IS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School
Memorial Day (schools closed)IS072 (31R072) Rocco Laurie School