8th Grade Information
Dear 8th Grade Families,
Listed below is the information you will need regarding High School acceptance results. All information will be provided directly to you from the Office of High School Enrollment via your myschools account and via email. Please be sure to check those accounts. If you have any questions, please contact Ms.Iburg, your child’s 8th grade guidance counselor, at Ms.Iburg@roccolaurie.com .Results will be released as of 12 p.m. on 5/21/2021.
Like previous years, students with one main round admissions offer are defaulted to accept that offer in MySchools. For these students to accept this offer and attend the school in fall 2021, there is nothing else the family needs to do.
Students with more than one admissions offer (an offer to a program from their application and an offer to a Specialized High School) need to accept the offer they want. The deadline for these students to accept their offer is June 25. Families can accept the offer they want by doing the following:
- Log into the family-facing MySchools site (myschools.nyc) and navigate to the “Waitlist” page.
- Waitlists will open in June 2021, several weeks after results from the high school application and LaGuardia High School auditions are released.
- Waitlists will close August of 2021
- Every high schools program has a waitlist, except the nine Specialized High Schools. The nine Specialized High Schools do not have waitlists.
- Any 8th grade can join high school waitlists, even if they did not submit a high school application. Check schools.nyc.gov/waitlists for updates.
- Information about waitlists for schools and families: schools.nyc.gov/waitlists.
- Questions regarding waitlist can be directed to Waitlists@schools.nyc.gov
- Each high school program has its own separate waitlist. Waitlists are lists of students who do not have an offer to that program, but want an offer to that particular program. Please contact the High School directly regarding your childs’ place on the waitlist.
For students who were unable to take the SHSAT or submit audition materials for LaGuardia High School due to COVID-19, please reach out (or have the family reach out) to HSEnrollment@schools.nyc.gov with the following information:
- Student name and ID number.
- LaGuardia program they applied to (Drama, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Technical Theater, Visual Arts, Dance).
- Whether they missed the SHSAT due to COVID-19 and are interested in testing.
- Email used to submit audition materials.
Please continue to check for updates at schools.nyc.gov/Highand schools.nyc.gov/SHS. You can subscribe to our high school admissions email list at schools.nyc.gov/SignUp: we’ll send you updates and reminders at key points in the process.
*If you have any questions or concerns, please email Ms.Iburg@roccolaurie.com *
Ms.Movsesian, 8th Grade AP
Ms.Iburg, Guidance Counselor