Academic and Leadership Societies:
Arista is the National Junior Honor Society. All students are eligible to be inducted into Arista if they submit an application that meets the following criteria (past induction does not grant you automatic acceptance every year. All students must apply every year.)
The criteria is as follows:
- A minimum of a 90% average in every subject in the 1st and 2nd marking periods. If a student drops in average after the first two marking periods they may be removed from consideration.
- A minimum overall average of 92% for the 1st and 2nd marking period. If a student drops in average after the first two marking periods they may be removed from consideration.
- All applicants must have satisfactory and/or excellent citizenship in all classes. Therefore, any student who receives an N or U in conduct on their report card will not be eligible to apply for Arista.
- Applicants must also fulfill service requirements. Students must show proof of involvement in at least 3 school spirit activities. Students must also show proof of two service activities that have been done during 2022_2023. These activities will be verified by students attaching proof to their applications. (Proof can include a selfie or video of themselves participating in the school spirit activity, or another artifact approved by our Arista Coordinators).
- Students will also have to attach a 250-word essay around the pillars of our school, Respect, Loyalty, Service. More details to come in January 2023.
- Students must complete the Google form application by April 6th, 2023 to be considered for Arista.
- The application will be emailed home after the second marking period. Please keep an electronic file at home so you are ready to upload to the application.