Dear Rocco Laurie Families,
It is that time of year where new challenges and opportunities await. At the middle school level, this is when we introduce Arista. Acceptance into Arista, the National Junior Honor Society, is one of the highest academic honors you can achieve. We feel strongly that our students should still be rewarded for the hard work and dedication demonstrated toward their studies, especially during these challenging times. Arista is open to all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who meet the criteria. Even if you were accepted into Arista in a prior year, you MUST APPLY AGAIN for each year you would like to be in Arista.
Arista eligibility is determined by meeting the following criteria for:
- A minimum of a 85% average or P (if applicable) in every subject
- A minimum , overall average of 92%
- All applicants must have excellent or satisfactory conduct in all classes. Therefore, any student who receives an N or U in conduct on their report card will not be eligible to apply for Arista.
- Applicants must also satisfy service requirements. Students must show proof of involvement in at least three school spirit activities. Students must also show proof of two service activities during 2023-2024.
- Students will attach proof to their applications to verify these activities. (Proof can include a selfie or video of themselves participating in the school spirit activity, or another artifact approved by our Arista Coordinators).
- Students will also attach a 250-word essay around the pillars of our school, Respect, Loyalty, Service. How do you embody the three pillars?
- Applicants must be a member of Laurie Leadership Society. The application for Laurie’s Leadership Society will be shared on Operoo.
- Students must complete the Google form (application) that will be sent out on March 22, 2024 and will be due by April 19, 2024
Please complete the Google form (application) by April 19, 2024 and be sure to attach screenshots of all report cards, school spirit and proof of service. Link below.
If you or your child has any questions, please email Mr. Whitford, our Arista supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.