Parent Resources & Workshops
Child Mind Institute - Caregiver Support Workshops
The Child Mind Institute’s School and Community Programs team would like to invite you to join us for our upcoming Caregiver Support Workshops. Our three workshop series are designed to provide families with proactive strategies they can use to support their child’s mental health and learning needs while virtually learning from home. These workshops are available at no cost to all NYC DOE parents and caregivers. Please see below for additional details.
Promoting Positive Behaviors for Your Child – Please click here to learn more and register.
- Structuring a Home Learning Environment; Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Managing Kids' Screen Time; Tuesday, February 9th, 2021 | 9:00am – 10:00am EST
- Motivating Your Child for Remote Learning – Part 1; Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Motivating Your Child for Remote Learning – Part 2; Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 | 9:00am – 10:00am EST
- Improving Your Relationship With Your Child; Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Parent Calming Techniques; Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 | 9:00am – 10:00am EST
Coping During COVID-19 – Please click here to learn more and register.
- Managing Grief and Loss; Monday, January 11th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Managing Stress and Anxiety; Tuesday, January 12th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Mindful Parenting; Monday, January 18th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Managing Intense Emotions; Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Will My Child be Okay?; Monday, January 25th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Fostering Resilience Within Your Family; Thursday, January 28th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
Supporting Learning at Home – Please click here to learn more and register.
- Supporting Your Child in Virtual Learning; Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
- Building and Supporting Executive Functioning Skills; Tuesday, February 9th, 2021 | 4:00pm – 5:00pm EST
- Building a Foundation for Reading at Home; Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 | 5:00pm – 6:00pm EST
For additional resources, please visit us at: https://childmind.org/coping-during-covid-19-resources-for-parents
ASD Nest Support Family Workshop
ASD Nest Support Project E- Newsletter
NYU/Steinhardt offers Nest families the ASD Nest Support Project Family e-newsletter. With funding from the NYC Department of Education, this e-newsletter provides:
- General information about autism and the Nest program
- Information from self-advocates
- Relevant community resources and links to news and research
- Dates/times/locations of upcoming workshops and other events
Click on the link to subscribe to the e-newsletter ASD Nest Support Project Newsletter
Parent University seeks to educate and empower families as partners, advocates, and lifelong educators in their student's education through free courses, resources, events, and activities.
Click on the NYC DOE link to register https://parentu.schools.nyc/
i-Ready Assessment Videos
Elevate Education Workshop Recordings
- Time Management Parent Workshop Recording Passcode: H%9=^V?G
- Recording of The Home Study Environment Workshop Passcode: xCTs^hg9
- Recording for Stress Management Workshop Passcode: +A2=V5U+
Resources for Undocumented Students
NYC Department of Education Division of Multilingual Learners provides support for undocumented students and families during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click on the link below for resources.